Saturday, May 18, 2013

5/19/11: Anniversary Letter to my hubby

Tomorrow marks 2 years, I honestly cannot believe it's been 2 years since we became husband and wife. Before saying anything else, I want you to know that if I had to do it all over, Without any hesitation or doubt, I'd marry you again. Thinking about how fast 2 years has gone by really makes me realize how quickly time and life is passing us by. I feel like it was just yesterday, I was starting at a new school and a cute boy (aka YOU) sat next to me in math class, asking if my contacts were my real eye color because you've never seen such beautiful eyes. I smiled and said, “no their contacts, but I'll take the compliment.” when we should have been paying attention to our teacher, we talked the entire class period, even sitting outside in 35 degree weather 3 hours after school had ended, just talking and getting to know each other. I want you to know, I knew then, that you would be my husband. There was just something about you, and look, I was right. Years later, in what feels like a blink of an eye, you brought me into our brand new home, walked me into our empty bedroom and said, "You know how much I love you, right?" and I answered (suspiciously) "yes?" and you said, "You know that I want our life perfect for us and our baby?" again, I answered "yes." you smiled so sweetly, and got down on one knee, and said "Then will you marry me and spend the rest of your life with me?" I IMMEDIATELY burst into tears...
And of course my answer was "YES!


Walking down the aisle to you, was the surest I had ever felt about anything, knowing that this was it, I'm marrying my best friend, and seeing your face light up as soon as the doors to the chapel opened, I knew you felt it too. Watching tears of love and joy fall from your eyes, as you watched me approach you at the alter, that look of pure happiness and assurance will be something that will stay with me forever. 

(Side note: I think of this exact moment when I'm mad at you.)


I’m lucky to have such a wonderful supportive and loving husband. You really have taught me that its okay to be who I am, no matter if that means being the quirky weirdo that I am. You have always made me feel beautiful, in fact you make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world and you make me believe in myself and make me believe that together we truly can get though anything! Only you can bring a smile to my face with just a few short words, only you can make my heart skip a beat with a certain look, it’s only you that can make me laugh out loud in any situation and only your kisses and hugs will do. The secret to marriage is selflessness, and we've always been about give and take. Maybe that’s why we fit together so well. I know we've had a rough few years, with things not going our way or how we had originally planned, but I’m glad as it’s brought us closer together instead of tearing us apart. Each day our love and marriage grows even stronger than before. 
I feel so lucky, I really did marry my best friend. 

I love you, my dear hubby & happy anniversary...
I can’t wait to see where our lives take us next. 
Love, Me
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment